What is the Democratic Party all about?
How does it affect my life?
Why should I vote Democratic?
Democrats are bound together by deep principles which are embedded in our core set of values - from the Declaration of Independence, the Bill of Rights and the U.S. Constitution.
We believe that in this great and prosperous country, certain truths are as self-evident as those put forth over two hundred years ago.
These are our deep principles and beliefs:
• We believe in an individual’s right to live the life he or she chooses, so long as it does not infringe on the rights of others.
• We believe that the weak deserve to be protected from the strong.
• We believe that it is the right of all Americans to be free from the prejudice of others.
• We believe that strong families create better citizens.
• We believe that strong public schools make for a better society.
• We believe that affordable health care, housing and transportation is a public trust.
• We believe that a wider range of job opportunities allows for a higher and more consistent quality of life.
• We believe that every American deserves equal opportunities to contribute to our society.
• We believe that it is important to offer a helping hand, not a handout.
• We believe that we are protectors of this land for the sake of future generations.