Received our Mail Ballot today. We are already receiving emails and phone calls about issues with the mail ballots.
1. NOTE: The sample ballots are different than the layout of the Mail Ballots. On the Mail Ballots you MUST VOTE ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALLOT. The back of the Mail Ballot has the REPRESENTATIVE IN THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY position.
Be sure to vote for MAUREEN MADDEN (115th), CLAUDETTE WILLIAMS (176th) or ADAM RODRIGUEZ(189th) on the back of your Mail-in Ballot.
2. The blue instruction sheet says to mark with an X or checkmark or fill in the oval completely, but the ballot itself says to blacken the oval to the left of the name of the candidate you are voting for. Please follow the instructions on the ballot itself and fill in the oval completely using a blue or black pen.
3. The blue instruction sheet states that the internal envelope is marked as "Official Mail-in Ballot" but the actual internal envelope is marked "Secrecy Ballot Envelope". Be sure to fold and place your voted mail ballot in the Secrecy Ballot Envelope before placing it in the mailing envelope. Then sign your name, print your name, the CURRENT date and your address on the back of the mailing envelope under Voter's Declaration.
4. Also the blue instruction sheet says that if you are unable to return your mail ballot by the deadline you can only vote by provisional ballot at your polling place on Election Day, but starting with this election you can vote a regular ballot at your poll if you bring the entire mail ballot AND envelopes to your poll. This is also in the instructions on the Mail Ballot.
5. The Monroe County Election Office phone number on the back of the envelope that is mailed to you should be 570 517-3165.
6. The instructions say you can only return your Mail Ballot by mail or take it to the Monroe County Election Office, but there will also be Ballot Drop Off Boxes around the county to return your voted Mail Ballot. There is a list of these on the MCD website http://monroepadems.com/elections
We will announce when these are actually setup which we are told will be by the end of this week.
|Clymer Library|| 115 Firehouse Lane
Pocono Pines, PA 18350
| Monday 10:00 to 12:15 – 1:15 to 4:30
Tuesday 10:00 to 12:15 – 1:15 to 7:00
Wednesday 10:00 to 12:15 – 1:15 to 4:30
Thursday 10:00 to 12:15 – 1:15 to 4:30
Friday 10:00 to 12:15 – 1:15 to 4:30
Saturday 10:00 to 2:00
| Eastern Monroe
| 1002 N 9th Street
Stroudsburg, PA 18360
| Covid-19 Hours, effective Aug. 10, 2020
Monday – Wednesday – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday – 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday – Saturday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday – Closed
| Pocono Mountain
| 5500 Municipal Drive
Tobyhanna, PA 18466
| Mon 10:00 am - 12:00 noon, and 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Tues 10:00 am - 12:00 noon, and 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Wed 10:00 am - 12:00 noon, and 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Thur 10:00 am - 12:00 noon, and 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Fri 10:00 am - 12:00 noon, and 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Sat 10:00 am - 12:00 noon
| Western Pocono
| 131 Pilgrim Way
Broadheadsville, PA 18322
| Monday 9:00 to 8pm
Tuesday 9:00 to 5pm
Wednesday 9:00 to 8pm
Thursday 9:00 to 8pm
Friday 9:00 to 5pm
Saturday 9:00 to 4pm
| 1155 Red Fox Road
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
|Monday - Friday 8am to 4:30pm|
To help inform people about these issues our county party did a couple of robocalls to voters who have landlines and requested a mail ballot.